Song of the Month



Oussou Njie Senor celebrates 50 years of music today.

A veteran Gambian musician Oussou Njie Senor of the former Super Eagles Band is set to celebrate his 50 years in music at a gala dinner on Saturday at the Pencha Mi Hall Paradise Suites Hotel.

The icon, widely called Uncle Oussou, is no doubt amongst the trailblazers of The Gambia’s music scene back in the days and is still contributing his quota towards the development of the country’s music industry.

The long awaited event slated for today May 3rd 2014 at Pencha Bi Hall at the Paradise Suite Hotel in Kololi, will be backed by his own band called Fatehleku Band. It’s expected to be one of its kind and another historic moment in the country’s music scene. Some of the upcoming coming stars in the Gambia like Bai Babu, Kerr Gi Family, Jali Madi, Manding Morry, T Smallz, GEE, Musa Ngum, Sambou Suso, Benjamin and Partinerr will grace the occasion.

In a recent interview with What’s On ahead of the event, Oussou Njie disclosed that he and his band are ever ready to make the 50 year celebration (his golden jubilee in music) a great success. To make this a reality he is currently rehearsing with his  Band ahead of the event.

He used the interview to   thank Gambians for their continued support and contribution towards his music. “Since I started music in 1964 up to 2014, people are really supporting me, now is my time to say thank you,” he said.

To make the event a great hit, Uncle Oussou will not only celebrate his 50th year of music in the Kombos, but he will be going on a nationwide tour starting on the 7th May 2014 with the Fatehleku Band. “I will be playing on the 3rd of May at Pencha Bi Hall, on the 4th Brikama, on the 7th Bansang in the  Central River Region, Basse URR, Farafenni NBR and finally  Serekunda KMC” he added.

He explained that wherever he plays, he will take  only 25% of the money and that the remaining   75% will be donated to that particular region for the  maintenance  of school toilets in the area. This he said is to show that Gambian music is not only about singing songs, but also to contribute towards the development of the country.

Njie also revealed that he has projects for the upcoming music stars in the country. “I want to organize workshops where I will gather all those who are willing to know more about music,” he explained.

Mustapha Drammeh, a member of the Fatehleku Band and a keyboardist disclosed that Uncle Oussou is really helping them and that they are really preparing for the tour, promising that they will give the people the best of Fatehleku of Uncle Oussou Njie’s songs.

Other speakers included; Barhama of Kerr Gi Family who is also a member of the Fatehleku Band, Silver a guitarist and Dodou Sehareh, amongst others. They called on all Gambians to come out en-mass and support Uncle Oussou Njie.Author: Isatou M. Ceesay
Daily Observer

Gambian Talents Radio Live 24/7

winamp wmp vlc ichunes real


Copyright © 2014 Gambian Talents Promotion. All Rights Reserved.